Electricity
Italy's electricity consumption rises 4.9% in January
- Italy's net national production, 26.8 billion kilowatt-hours grew by 17.7 percent compared to January 2016, company reports

Italian electricity demand saw a monthly rise of 4.9 percent in January to 27.9 billion kilowatt-hours, Italian independent electricity grid operator Terna announced on Thursday.

The country saw an upward domestic demand trend across the country in January, with 4.5 percent in the north, 4.7 percent in central Italy and 5.7 percent in the south, according to the company's press release.

Italy's net national production of 26.8 billion kilowatt-hours grew by 17.7 percent compared to January 2016, the company reported.

In terms of peak output, a high of 54,512 megawatts was reached at 11.00 a.m. on Wednesday Jan. 11 - a 2.8 percent increase on the previously highest figure for January 2016, the press release showed.

According to Terna, in January 95.4 percent of the electricity demand was met with national production and the remainder of 4.6 percent was met with electricity from foreign countries.

Hydroelectric power production increased 22.5 percent, as did thermal production which rose 21.1 percent, and solar increased 7 percent while production from geothermal and wind power decreased, 0.8 percent and 7.4 percent respectively, the company detailed in the press release.

By Muhsin Baris Tiryakioglu

Anadolu Agency

muhsin.tiryakioglu@aa.com.tr

 

17 Feb,2017
ELECTRICITY NEWS